Skip to main content

CWE Truck

The Center for Water and the Environment truck supports field research and travel for CWE and UNM students, staff, and faculty business and research initiatives.

CWE Truck Users Contact Katelin Fisher ( to coordinate the use of the truck.

All truck users will be required to:

  • Provide current UNM Defensive Driving Certificate (DDC)
  • Read and sign-off on truck user policy and guidelines
  • Use truck reservation calendar to confirm desired use dates are available
  • Submit a truck reservation form prior to each projected use of the truck

UNM Defensive Driving Certification

  • To request access to the online UNM Defensive Driving Certification course, go to
  • Click on the “DDC Online” icon
  • Read all instructions carefully then submit form requesting access to the online course
  • NOTE: DDCs are valid for 5 years after certification

Truck User Policy

  • Carefully review the CWE Truck User Policy, found here
  • The truck user, and truck user’s faculty advisor, will be required to sign the policy; your signature means that you will comply with all UNM and CWE policies while using the vehicle
  • UNM Glove Box Guide is the UNM guide for using UNM vehicles, found here
  • Submit signed truck user policy to

Truck Requests

  • Submit a truck use request form prior to each truck use
  • Printable PDF version
  • Digital fillable-PDF version
  • This truck use request requirement is needed for administrative bookkeeping on the CWE grant side of things

Truck Reservation Calendar

  • Reserving the truck on the calendar does not solidify your reservation; your truck request form must also be approved for use of the truck
  • The online truck reservation calendar can be viewed here:

NOTE: The above Teamup CWE Truck Reservation Calendar link is ‘view only’. Approved truck users will be sent an active edit link.

Fuel Purchases

  • You may be approved by Katelin Fisher to use the truck fuel card (FCard) for fuel purchases
  • Fuel receipts must be submitted to Katelin within three days of truck use
  • Access to the FCard is not guaranteed and you should be prepared to pay for fuel and submit reimbursement to the CCEE admin department