Dual Enrollment Course
During the spring semesters, the Center for Water and the Environment, in conjunction with the Department of the School of Engineering, offers a course that introduces students to concepts regarding water use and sustainability as well as water resource and environmental engineering. The class is currently offered on UNM main campus.
Details below are for the Fall 2021 semester.
Intro to Water Resources
Course Title: ENG 195-001; Intro to Water Resources
Course Description: Do you know where your water comes from? Are you interested in learning more about how water interacts with our natural and built environment? In this dual-credit course, we focus on identifying exploring water quantity and water quality issues, and their social implications, in our environments. The purpose of this course is to introduce students to water resources and sustainability concepts, and how scientists and engineers tackle these challenging problems.
- Learn about the hydrologic cycle
- Discover how water affects every aspect of our lives
- Use algebra to solve basic water quantity and quality problems
- Learn about theory, tools, and techniques used by water resources and environmental engineers
- Visit working laboratories at UNM Civil, Construction, and Environmental Engineering Department
- Explore existing local water resources and facilities
- Get hands-on experience with flow and water quality laboratories exercises
For more information, consult these resources: